feeling a bit sheepish

the wooly-brained ramblings of a knitter and novice spinner... it may be 'a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing'...but it's mine ;-)

Sunday, June 25, 2006

bloglines is trying to mess with my head


[EDIT: apparently i'm no longer among the forbidden (thanks sharon! ;-)) but the destash blog is still at [!] status...there have been a ton of new postings over there: books magazines and yarns...so if you're looking for a great deal, it's definitely the place to start! :-) ]


now i grant you...it's rather easy to mess with my head...but this is getting ridiculous

when i check my list (lots on there--i read but seldom comment...which i suppose might say a lot for why i don't get many comments), it's telling me that a large number of the people i read regularly have made 10+ posts since my last viewing.

i can understand perhaps one or two might have done this (occasionally happens when someone republishes their blog or revamps their page) but 20 or more?? i don't THINK so :-| and of course, me being the nosy so-and-so that i am, i have to go and check each one...where, also of course, there are no new posts or changes since my last visit. *hmmph*

then today, when i went to check and see how many more had been added (or re-added) to this list of multiposting bloggers, i was greeted by another lovely sight: the dreaded
[!]...next to MY blog! (yes i know i'm pathetic...i've got my own blog on my bloglines...it lets me see how long it takes for the feed to be picked up doesn't it? shut up and let me have my delusions wouldja lol)

bloglines claims: Bloglines has encountered an error trying to fetch the latest version of this feed. Bloglines handles errors automatically,no action is required by you. The error was:

The server hosting the feed returned a Forbidden message. If this error continues, you should check the feed URL and, if it is wrong, subscribe to the correct URL.


gee thanks...that makes me feel loads better. blogger says i'm forbidden.
i suppose the positive side is that the few brave souls who subscribe to my blog via bloglines will likely miss out on this rant, at least for a while.

it still feels like a conspiracy to send me over the edge :-| not that it's a long distance to the edge...




*i shouldn't complain...there were quite a few
[!]s on my bloglines list today...but i always take things a bit too personally...and it gave me a good excuse for a rant instead of processing pictures and writing a proper blog post ;-)*

2 Comments:

  • At June 26, 2006 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If it makes you feel better (and I hope it does) I subscribe to you through bloglines, and this new post was right there. Which is why I'm here. Get all that?

     
  • At June 26, 2006 5:25 PM, Blogger laurie said…

    lol yup i got it...problem is that the post was made yesterday about this time...as of last time i looked (early this morning) it hadn't come through...but it's good to know it has now :o) thanks sharon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home