feeling a bit sheepish

the wooly-brained ramblings of a knitter and novice spinner... it may be 'a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing'...but it's mine ;-)

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

"...look to the rainbow..."**


this is worth an upsizing click...at least imho ;-)

double rainbow

i spotted this tuesday evening and didn't think it would stay around until i could get outside with the camera...fortunately i was wrong!

i can't remember the last time i saw a rainbow that was this clear...i'm not sure why, but around here they don't usually show up so nicely, and double ones are rare (the second 'bow' is to the right of the brighter one...it's easier to see in the larger photo). i think it stayed around for fifteen minutes or so, until clouds re-covered the sun...a temporary side-effect of the thunderstorms that had been popping up all afternoon.

a photo is never as good as reality...but this isn't too far off...and it'll help remind me of how lovely it was to watch...


**not the greatest title, but saturday night's viewing of Finian's Rainbow (and the resultant hilarity lol...you had to be there) is still fresh in my so-called mind ;-)

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At September 06, 2006 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What serendipity! I was inside at the knit-in and missed it completely. Sometimes it pays to get your head out of your yarn. :)

     
  • At September 06, 2006 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love rainbows! Is it just me or has the Michigan sky been unusually beautiful this summer, with great cloud formations and even multiple cloud formations some days?

     
  • At September 06, 2006 1:45 PM, Blogger AsKatKnits said…

    That rainbow is gorgeous - and I loved Finnegan's Rainbow!

     
  • At September 06, 2006 2:11 PM, Blogger aija said…

    Beautiful! I've been praying for rain here, the season should be upon us any day (week, month!) now... I love the rain :)

     
  • At September 07, 2006 1:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I LOVE rainbows! Thanks for sharing the picture.

     
  • At September 07, 2006 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW! Beautiful! I never seem to have my camera around when I see a rainbow

     

Post a Comment

<< Home