feeling a bit sheepish

the wooly-brained ramblings of a knitter and novice spinner... it may be 'a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing'...but it's mine ;-)

Monday, November 21, 2005

warm hands update 1


2 weeks in, i guess it might be a novel idea to show i'm at least trying to work on a mitten or 3 ;-)

i joined this (despite sandy's stringent rules *grin*) in the hopes that i might actually finish up some stalled mitten projects before spring. these were started (oh shameful admission) LAST winter...not good. each set has one of the pair finished...so there's really no excuse.

one set i don't have pictures for yet as i can't locate the damn things at the moment the yarn and finished mitten are hiding from me. they're lucy neatby's fiesta mittens in koigu...and worth finishing up. i just have to coerce them to come out of hiding ;-)

second set is from the Cabin Fever "Beaded Cable Mittens" pattern (#129, which ever so conveniently comes with enough beads for the pair). once sandy announced the kal, i found the first one (which was still missing a thumb sheesh), finished that up,

woohoo one down!

and found the remaining beads to begin the second one...now where the heck are my needles lol

i also started these recently with some yarn i got at the latest sale at the shop...figured they'd work well for either ebeneezer or dulaan. though they're not the heaviest mittens, they're certainly bright enough to be difficult to lose ;-)



they're a lot farther along now than this picture shows, but i figured i'd wait til next week to show them completed...fortunately little mittens don't take that long to complete, especially done on a long circ! (i do love this technique...elimination of the dreaded second whatever syndrome *grin*)

now...just have to figure out how to contact sandy...hellifican find her email addy :-|

4 Comments:

  • At November 21, 2005 4:01 PM, Blogger Peacock said…

    I love the orange mittens! Orange isn't my favorite color, really, but I just adore what you've done with the patterning!

     
  • At November 28, 2005 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Orange? Now I'm REALLY curious! Why oh why do your pictures hate me?! :)

    Just going to imagine em'. Orange. Fuzzy. Thick. Warm.

     
  • At December 30, 2005 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Laurie, I think you're the Mitten Queen of the world! Thanks for helping Emily with my gift...she did do a great job. :) My wallaby is stalled until I get Baggy done. Soon, I swear it, soon. I'm glad you commented on my blog so I could find yours and get you on my bloglines list. I was in the shop for Wed. afternoon knitting, hoped to see you, but you weren't there.

     
  • At January 05, 2006 12:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Where are you??!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home